Week 3: HALF WAY DONE

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

so i cant belive i am half way done with my stay here!!!! its crazy! I love it here! well to give quick little overview of my week, we have been getting a lot of raina nd it hails here!! hahah and it hurts! haha its kinda funny though watching us all freak out hahaha. I have made some great friends here, the other Hermanas here are so sweet. I could see myslef being friends with them forever! and i liek i said our ditrist is all bestfriends, and thats awesome. e get to go to the temple today to and im so excited!!!!!! ahhh! its will be our first time, and i think we get to go one mor time and its only like 10 min. away but i am so happy! I will let you all know how it went! This week was amazing though, i felt like i have learned alot more about this gospel, my slef and My Savior Jesus Christ. We were learning about the Plan of Slavation, and you know i understand and I know but we were asked to really really think about it. And our teacher asked us to write whatver question you have about it on the board. So i started thinking really deeply and i came up withth e question that i had of ¨ Why did an all knowing God have to send someone to be my advocate when shouldnt he know how im feeling and such if He is all powerful?¨ something along those lines, and reading over that question now seems so simple, but at that point i couldnt concentrate on anything else. I want studying the next day and such and i was still having problems fully understanding this concept of a Savior. I talked to my ditrict Leader about and i was upset in class and my teacher Hermana Sherwood pulled me aside outside to ask what was wrong and i just poured out my heart to her. I told her everything that was bothering me, and what was confusing me, and such. She and I studying togetherin the scriptures, and I had asked her that same question why things had to happen a certain way. I had prayed to God to send me help so that i could knwo for myself and boy did He send me help. Both my teachers helped me understand this concept more with the parable of The Debtor, and The stroy goes witha man needing money and asking for a loan and thinking he can pay it back. He signed a contract so that it would be fair. Well time came and he could not pay off his debt. He sentenced to jail, but wanted mercy. But the law of justice could not be statsified if the man forgave his debt, but mercy could not be extended either. There needed to be a bridge, because even though God loves us, and Knows us pefectly, no unclean can dwell with god, and since we all sin we are all unclean. So there must need ne a way where Justice is served and Mercy. So this is why Jesus Christ dies for us. we must pay the consequences of our sins but that makes it so that no one can live with God again, So Jesus suffered for ALL of our sins, so that we are forgiven, and justice is brought, and we can live with God again. and thinking about it now it is so simple, but i have such a more deep understanding. I have alwats known that Jesus is my Savior and Redeemer, and my eldest brother, but i think i undetand more of what He actually did for me. And i know if it wasnt for him than we would have seriously nothhing. I was also sturggling with the thought that my job is to invite people to come unto Christ, but i think ¨wait we pray to God though, dont we want them to come to God?¨ Then why is our Church names Church of Jesus Chrsis, shouldnt it be names Heavenly Fathers church? but i also came to know that Jesus Showed us the way to come unto God, and They are one in purpose, and that while we may worship God, we are eternally grateful for Jesus and his sacrafice, and for showing us the way. And we are indebted to Christ, and all he asks of us is to follow him, and keep his commandment. He has given us eternal salvation! and for that i am grateful. Because without Him, we wouldnt be able to live with God. It was just really awesome to really find out for myself. I love being here where the spirit is so strong, and i can learn how to better spread this wonderful message! I know that Jesus is the Christ, the son of the Living God, and know that by His merits, i can be clean, and live with my Heavenly Father Agian, and I know Jesus is the only one that could have done what he did because he was ¨ Like God¨ (Abraham 3) i just love being a missionary, and helping others come unto Chirst, just like I have come unto Chirst. Ilove you so much, and I hoep all is well.

Love, hermana De La Vega

share this on::

Facebook

Twitter

Pinterest

Digg

Add a comment »

This entry was posted on Tuesday, September 3, 2013. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply